The Maintenance Technician will be in charge of ancillary maintenance and repair services and protection of Silivertown’s property.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily monitoring of activities using the tools and indicators provided by the Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Manager
- Working under direction of Maintenance Supervisor / Maintenance Manager
- Maintain the condition of the physical assets of the property by carrying out any upgrading and project work in liaison with all department involved and management to ensure all facilities are equipped before tenant move-in.
- Provide any support the monitoring and maintenance of facilities in all unit
- Responds professionally to requests for information from tenant regarding the structure and maintenance of the of Silvertown facilities, including questions, concerns, and complaints from tenants.
- Timely completion of maintenance records and prepare daily, weekly and monthly report
- Ensure that maintenance policy and other rules are well implemented.
- Prepared, a preventative and maintenance program
- Keep all equipments clean and well organized (including stock inventory if relevant)
- Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager/Supervisor/Management.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all tenants in order to exceed their needs
- Take action to address these needs in order to exceed their expectations
- All procedures are conducted safely and within the company guidelines
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and enforce these in your areas
- Reports all liability and community incidents to Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Manager immediately
Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
- High school of education and 3 years of experience in general maintenance or other maintenance responsibilities that would include the ability to recognize electrical, Freezer, AC, plumbing, and mechanical malfunction or equipment failure
- Annual leaves (18 days per annum)
- Public holidays and other Leave entitlement
- Health and accident Insurance
- Training opportunities and career advancement
- Annual party and other staff gathering events
- Allowances and other benefits
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send CV with three professional referees, a recent photograph and cover letter with copies of relevant certificates to Naki Head Office or firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be notified and contacted for interview.
Contact Person: HR Department
Email Address: email@example.com
Phone Number: 023 900 959 081 990 959